Tuesday, August 05, 2008

1939 I'm Baaaaaack!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Heh heh. I haven't written anything in this journal since last Wednesday. Betcha didn't even know.

I was away over the weekend. I used Blogger's predate (or is that postdate?) facility to write a bunch of posts on Wednesday, that were then published on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, as if I was home.

It works! If y'all haven't tried it yet, and if you're using Blogger, click on the blue "post options" in the lower left corner of the edit window, and then just change the date and time.

I joined The Man on Thursday, and we went to a tournament in Pennsylvania. Got home Sunday evening. It was a good trip, even though:
  • we had a flat tire on Friday that required a new rim, and his car takes a 17" rim, which is not easy to find, especially in a strange area,
  • the female half of a couple from SC that we befriended in the hotel bar pulled a pistol out of her purse, right there in the bar, which completely freaked The Man out, and
  • my back went out on Saturday.
The back wasn't so bad that I couldn't stand or walk, but it did apparently affect the nerves enough that peristalsis stopped, and I had horrible cramps and flatulence Saturday evening and all day Sunday. Relationship test, I guess. I think we passed. (I didn't mean that as a pun, but go ahead and snicker.)

When I got home Sunday, Bloglines and both email accounts were so backed up I didn't get through them until, well, midday today.

The back is feeling a lot better, just a leftover fragility that tweaks me every so often if I move wrong.

I know exactly what's causing it, by the way. The hotel chain The Man always uses is very proud of the fact that they have completely refurbished all rooms in every variation of the chain, --- including the mattresses. The mattresses are now WAY too soft, and they have topped them with a feather bed, which makes it even worse. I absolutely require a firm mattress. The Man is upset because he wants me to be comfortable. He suggested removing the feather bed, but that doesn't matter so much - it's the mattress. I can press my fist 5" into it without even trying. I'm going to search the internet for a narrow folding bedboard. If I put it under the feather bed, that might work.

We had left my car at the Saddle Brook Marriott. While waiting for The Man there on Thursday, I noticed a very thin very friendly black on white female cat hanging around. When we returned on Sunday, she was there again. She meowed at me, rubbed against my ankles, and asked for food. I had opened my car doors to let it cool a bit, and while The Man and I were talking, the cat climbed into my car, and explored it. I briefly but seriously considered just closing the door and adopting her, but The Man said no! He said I can't "go around adopting stray cats from Marriott parking lots!" (That's how I got Jasper.) He actually hung around and shepherded me out of the lot to make sure I didn't snag her after he left.

And now, of course, she's haunting me.
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

(Sorry if this is a multiple post - blogger was being uncooperative).
Ahem. You can go back and get her, you know. You can. And The Man need never know.

Ain't I a stinkah?