Monday, July 21, 2008

1918 How We Fit Best

Monday, July 21, 2008

I've heard it said that in the longest lasting and happiest relationships, he thinks she's better looking than he is, and she thinks he's the smarter one. (It doesn't matter who is actually better looking or smarter, just what they think.)

That theory fits, I think.

Men are visual, and they want to be proud of their woman. A good looking woman, especially one better looking than he thinks he deserves, charges their batteries.

Women are more practical. They want to respect their man, and to feel he's fit to lead. They want to trust his decisions (even if he doesn't make them).

Yeah, I think it may be true.

As a cross-check, if you were to ask a man who's the better looking, and he answers that he is, and you ask the woman who's the smarter, and she answers that she is, do you have much confidence in that relationship?

I hear a train coming.

I rest my case.
.

2 comments:

Chris said...

It could be worse....she could could have the better beard and he the nicer rack!

~~Silk said...

Chris - Hey, quit knocking Mensans! He thinks her chin is so silky and natural, and she thinks he's got pecs.