Sunday, July 13, 2008

1907 Sundays destroyed

Sunday, July 13, 2008

And here's why I don't dare get cable. A local TV station shows movies on Sunday - usually very odd movies that I'd never heard of before - and I end up watching the flippin' movies instead of getting anything else done.

Today was "Drop Dead Gorgeous". It was full of little throw-away lines that cracked me up.

Like, the second runnerup prize in a town beauty pageant was a $50 scholarship to "the Vo-Tek of her choice".

And after Tammy was killed in a farm vehicle accident, and it was ruled "smoking and driving", Amber knows it was murder because, "Well, yeah, Tammy liked to drive her dad's thresher. She said the heavy vibrations helped clear her mind. But I know Tammy only smoked AFTER a good drive."

More good lines here.

I've got to get a copy and share it with anyone I can pin down for 90 minutes!

-----------------------------

Later - Ack! "Lost in Space" the movie is on now, with Joey, from "Friends". I tuned in in the middle, and didn't recognize it until the robot said "Danger, Will Robinson!"

The funniest thing about this offering is how seriously the actors are taking their characters. I'm cracking up again! Shades of Joey playing his soap opera character Dr. Drake Ramoray.
.

No comments: