Sunday, July 13, 2008

1906 My car is heavy.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I just went to the auction house and picked up my table.

They put the base in the trunk, and I think I can get that out alone. The top went into the back seat, resting on the floor and leaning against the seat, and that's going to be a problem.

Last night, when I looked at it pre-auction, I hefted one side of the top - it wasn't attached to the base - and I was able to lift it easily with one hand. Underneath, it looked and felt like gray wood, so I figured it was a marble veneer on wood (and what the bidding went like would have bolstered that thought).

Whoa! Was I wrong! It's marble on lesser quality marble. It's solid marble, even the edges. So I've got a 1.5" x 39.5" slap of solid marble in my back seat. It took two strong men to wrestle it into the car. I haven't the faintest idea how I'm going to get it out.

I may have to put in an SOS call to the Hairless Hunk.
.

No comments: