Wednesday, May 14, 2008

1810 I've Been Tagged...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

...by Becs (tagged by Becs, that is).

What were you doing five years ago?
Let's see, that would be 2003? Jay died at the end of 2001, in 2002 I was busy taking classes, redecorating the house, settling the estate (did it mostly myself), volunteering with the emergency squad, and other stuff. In 2003 I crashed and burned. I sat and stared at the wall, and bought thousands of dollars worth of online stuff I didn't need, just so I could get "gifts" in the mail, and I began the 45 pounds I gained over the next two years.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
Well, today's almost over, so we'll try tomorrow:
. Go to the PO and return a shawl. The store sent me the wrong one.
. Wash the dishes.
. Buy weed spray, and, if it's not raining, spray.
. Sort clothing, store winter stuff.
. Go to dinner with friends.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
. Popcorn with lots of butter and salt.
. Potato chips with bacon-horseradish dip.
. Spaghetti with butter, salt, pepper, and romano.
. Grits with butter, salt, pepper, and romano.
(Hmmm. There's a pattern developing.)
. Trail mix, the nuts and dried fruit kind.
. Sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
. Coffee flavored yogurt.
. Peanut butter cookies.
... only five?

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
I don't know. I feel like one is pressured into grand philanthropic plans, distributing it here and there. But giving a wad of money, except for disasters and emergencies, usually comes to a bad end. If you invest a million wisely, you'll get an ongoing income of between 40 and 70K a year, and the principal should also increase (faster with the lower beginning income), thereby increasing the income every year. So I'd find 997 people and charities, and set up 1M trusts for each of them. The last 3M I'd keep for me. That's more than enough. I myself probably wouldn't do much differently. A maid, maybe. A nice house in a nice place.

What are five of your bad habits?
. I am a rotten housekeeper.
. I buy too many books, shoes, and clothes.
. I'd rather not eat than cook.
. I ignore deadlines and due dates.
. I am addicted to the internet.
I've got lots more....

What are five places where you have lived?
Backward from here:
. Highland, NY
. Gaithersburg, MD
. Ballwin, MO
. Ruby, NY
. Schwenksville, PA
The full list is more than 30 places long.

What are five jobs you’ve had?
. Retired!!!!
. Mother and suburban housewife.
. Within The Company - software tester, programmer, customer software rep, system design, legal support.
. Classroom teacher, mathematics.
. Restaurant bus girl.

What five people do you want to tag?
You, you, and, uh, you. You and you, too. If you recognize yourself in there, have at it.
.

No comments: