Sunday, May 11, 2008

1803 Daylilies

Sunday, May 11, 2008

You don't fall in love with a person. You fall in love with the way you feel when you're with that person.

------------------------

I've been watching for orphan daylilies along the roads, and feeling discouraged, when I remembered the HudsonValleyEcycle Yahoo group. You can subscribe to the group, and list anything that you want to give away, or anything that you're looking for. The only rules are that they must be legal, free, and not taken for resale. (I don't know how they can enforce that last bit....)

I looked, and sure enough, someone had listed daylilies she wants dug up. I contacted her, and someone had already indicated they'd take them, but she'll get back to me if they don't.

Then I put up my own "Wanted - daylilies" posting, and within minutes I was contacted by a woman whose daylily patch needs thinning. I replied, and now I'm waiting to hear when it will be convenient for me to stop by.

Wow. Cool. Free!
.

No comments: