Thursday, April 17, 2008

1766 Ladies Only

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Any males reading this please hit "Back" now. Thank you.

---------------------------------

This is a warning for any other women who happen to stumble across it.

It's not uncommon for a gland or pore or whatever on the inner or outer labia to get blocked. You get a swelling. Sometimes they can quickly get pretty big and painful. Doctors will tell you not to poke at them, to use hot or cold compresses and wait, and eventually it will resolve itself.

I never had one of those, exactly, I guess. What I had was a tiny very hard knot on the base of the top of the clitoral hood. It was just a small buried bead, and didn't hurt. I wondered what it was, and asked the doctor, and she said blocked pore, ignore it, or I could try the hot and cold if I wanted.

I ignored it.

Over the next few years it grew slowly. This past year it grew fairly rapidly, to the size of a large pea.

It still didn't hurt, but the problem it caused was kind of funny. Given its position, and its firmness, it caused some, um, navigation problems for anyone travelling by touch through the neighborhood. The mental reset is quick, but it does cause brief confusion.

So the other night I decided to take another good look at it. Yup, there's a visible pore, that seems a bit enlarged. Hmm. What if I press a little from underneath, toward that pore? Whoa! That worked! What if I press a little more?

Well, I managed to express the entire contents of the bump, and here's the really weird part. It was entirely baby powder! Baby powder mixed with perhaps a little oil. Immediately recognizable as baby powder from the appearance, texture, and scent! Some of it perfectly preserved for years, I guess.

I use baby powder on the tops of my thighs and in a line up the back crease to prevent chafing and heat rash.

I had read a long time ago that talc is frequently found in ovarian cysts. After all, unless our tubes are tied, we are completely open to the outside, right into the abdominal cavity. Now I'm wondering if I should ever use powder at all.
.

3 comments:

Becs said...

Don't ask me how I know, but if you use fuzzy soft toilet tissue, that could find its way into places where it is of no use whatsoever.

Instead of talc, I hear the switch is to ..um..corn starch? Baking soda? Can't remember, but one of those two.

the queen said...

Wow. That is useful info. Not that I ever use talc.

HOWEVER - here is some interesting info from a hospice nurse. Some people get sour smells from yeast infections in the non-vaginal damp areas. "Like here?" I asked as I shoved her nose under my boob. No, actually, I just asked. She said Monostat was good for that and for healing all kinds of sores. Better than Neosporin.

Unknown said...

hey! what i use is a lotion with a little bit of baby powder in it- you can find it in the lotion isle!