Friday, February 15, 2008

1694 They Cut Me Off!

Friday, February 15, 2008

My internet connection is provided by the same folks I have my cell phone contract with. There's this little dohickey I plug in the laptop, and it acts like a cell phone. Locates a route and dials in. It's (as far as I can tell) as fast as a cable connection, and I've been mostly happy with it, especially since it can travel with me.

This morning I told it to connect, and it came back and said it was "unable to establish a connection, try again later." I tried again later for about an hour, and then wondered if maybe there was a problem with cell service in general. I turned on my regular cell phone and tried to call my house phone (a different phone company).

And got a strange message.

My cell service, including the internet connection, had been turned off. Um, it sorta looks like I haven't paid the bill since early December.

I know I've been a bit lax lately, but I didn't realize I'd been THAT lax.

The strange message gave me the opportunity to pay the bill right then, over the phone, by credit card, so I did. I had service back within minutes.

I guess I'd better visit my other desk, the one where all the bills go, and find out what else I've neglected.
.

No comments: