Saturday, December 22, 2007

1609 Plowed on Yule!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Hairless Hunk has come through! I got a call this morning from a guy who plows, who said the Hunk had given him my number. He came. He plowed all around the edges of the turnaround. Now I can get oil deliveries! I'm so happy!

I'll trim around the edges and knock off some corners with the coal shovel and snowthrower this afternoon or tomorrow, and then it will all be perfect.

The snow banks on the sides are over five feet high. Lotta snow.

-------------------------------

The solstice was last night, actually early this morning. This is Yule, the natural northern hemisphere New Year, when the lifegiving sun returns, light triumphs over darkness, and the promise is renewed. Happy Yule.

Happy me.

Now if only I could get to my woodpile beyond that 5' wall of ice and snow, I could celebrate it properly. I think a cup of hot chocolate will have to do.
.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I come here often because I know that yule be telling us something educational. ;)

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! & Fabulous Festivus;)

Chris