Friday, December 21, 2007

1608 Scary

Friday, December 21, 2007

There's an Ambien commercial wherein a streetlight bends around and sticks its head through a window, and examines a sleeping couple.

The ad agancy probably doesn't realize that that commercial is frightening to people who sat through '50s sci-fi movies featuring death-dealing alien robots with heads like the streetlight, and who then after the movie rode home on a bicycle through the dark.

Fifty-plus years, and that silvery head with a glowing eye on a flexible neck is still scary.

------------------------------
I called the number in the letter in the previous post, and asked what my temporary password is. The Verizon person insisted the password was in the letter. I read her the sentence. Several times. She still insisted the password was in the letter. I finally convinced her I was too stupid to figure it out, and she should give me another.

That's scary, too.
.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This made me think of that old game show "Password". We had the board game too, but since my sister was 3 years older and my brother 6 years older, they always kicked my butt. I still liked pulling the card with the clues and answers through the magic "infra red" (red cellophane) thingy to reveal the answer.

I know this had nothing to do with your post, but you spurred those memories.