Thursday, November 15, 2007

1551 Think

The AOL "Goodbye" screen had an interesting warning this evening:

Anything you post online can be seen by anyone.
Forever.
Think before you post.

Good advice. I've had a few blog posts I wish I'd never written, not because they were injurious to anyone, but because they were found in searches by people I would prefer not to deal with. I considered deleting the entries, or at least changing some words so they wouldn't turn up in searches, but it wouldn't do any good, because the original version will still be out there in caches. It really IS forever!

(My foreskin restoration post (not one that worries me, BTW) is apparently being passed around in emails or something - people are coming in to that post from all over the world, but not usually from links or searches. They're coming direct. Weird, because searches turn up lots of much more interesting sites on that topic.)
.

2 comments:

the queen said...

You are the foreskin go-to girl.

Or, as the kids say "U R the 4Skin Go2 gurrrl."

Christine Dempsey said...

BWA HA HA HA on the Queen's comment!