Sunday, June 03, 2007

1280 Accident Photos

Sunday, June 3, 2007



I finally got the photos of the accident on the NYS Thruway, May 28, 2007. The one I got stuck behind coming home from the Memorial Day weekend Maryland Mensa gathering. (One of these days I'll have to learn how to use the digital camera. Until then, we have to wait for me to fill a roll and get them developed.)

I don't usually immediately think of a camera, so by the time I did, the emergency vehicles had arrived, and the fire was almost out. So these photos don't show the billowing black smoke it started with. My car was stopped closer than the photos would seem to imply, too. Somehow the camera adds distance or something.



By the time the fire was out, more emergency vehicles had arrived:

Taken through my windshield. What's left of the minivan is on the flatbed. Note that all that's left of the truck trailer is the back door and a frame.
.

No comments: