Tuesday, May 01, 2007

1225 Up and Down Monday

Monday, April 30, 2007

Yeah, ok, it's after 2 am on Tuesday, but I'm reporting Monday.

I was awakened by a call from Piper this morning. He (get this!) wanted to know how the date went last Wednesday. Duh? Well, he's been through the whole Roman mess and the online dating fiasco with me, so the idea of someone I actually want to see again must be fascinating to him. I have to be careful not to give him the guy's name, or he'll have him investigated. (He did that once before, and I could have killed him.)

We didn't talk business, so later I remembered that he had called to have a check cut for me, and I haven't received it yet, ten days later, so I stopped in his office to ask him to put a stop on it and have another issued. It will be overnighted to me. We talked for a while, then I went to the bank to deposit some checks, and found that my balance had dropped dangerously low. Thank goodness for overnight delivery!

Some minor shopping, and then a search for a ph balancer. Male readers, please skip the next paragraph.

Because I eat a lot of yogurt, and because my estrogen is low, my ph is off. Normally it isn't a problem, in fact it's good. I haven't had so much as a yeast infection in more than 20 years. But close proximity to testosterone wreaks havoc. A year ago I found a balancing cream that works wonders. Today I went to three pharmacies, and nobody had it. I couldn't even find a space on the shelf where it should have been. I was afraid they'd stopped making it. The pharmacists didn't know what I was talking about. I freaked. Sorta like Seinfeld's Elaine when they stopped making the sponge. Made for a bad mood.

Then I went to dinner with Angie, Zig, and Roman at a new Indian restaurant, Kismat, near Vassar, in Poughkeepsie. Today was Roman's last day at his day job. He has retired. (He'll still teach some evening classes.) I gave him a sentimental card and a gift.

Anyway, driving to Pok, I had got caught in a traffic jam caused by an accident, and had to use a route that took me through the city. Then, walking down the street looking for the restaurant, I twisted my right ankle - the one with the messed up nerves. I worry about injuring that ankle because I can't feel the real pain, the pain where an injury is, so I can keep walking on it and really mess it up. All during dinner I had periodic bolts of lightening shooting up my leg.

That didn't help the mood.

Roman was parked right outside the restaurant, and I was parked on a side street, so I walked him to his car, then set off for my own. He passed me and then stopped at the corner to offer me a ride to my car. There were people, Vassar students, standing on the corner waiting to cross. When I got to Roman's car, I opened the passenger door and said "Fifty dollars. A thousand for 'round the world."

I refused his offer of a ride, waved vaguely, "My car's just there", and he left. Actually, it was a block and a half down, and I'd forgotten about my ankle. The one I have to use on the accelerator.

That didn't help the mood, either.

Going through East Park on the way home, I noticed a huge new pharmacy, and on a hunch, I stopped in. They had it! I'd have liked to pull an Elaine, but I got smacked by short expiration dates, so I bought only two boxes.

Mood went up a jot.

When I got home, I remembered that I had forgotten to remind Roman that I wanted copies of the pictures he took Saturday, so I called him. We had a nice chat, during which I mentioned that I'd received the "Mommy Letter" for the Washington gathering, and the file was in a format I couldn't open, so he said to send it to him and he'd translate it. Which he did, within minutes. We also decided to meet for dinner before his class tomorrow.

Mood went up a bit more.

Then The Man called. He was driving to Virginia, for a meeting tomorrow. We talked for more than an hour. He's going to meet me at Rakkasah Spring Caravan next Sunday.

Mood shot up.

No more pain in the leg - there's only slight swelling below the ankle bone.

I'm happy.
.

No comments: