Sunday, April 29, 2007

1224 Blink?

Sunday, April 29, 2007

At Spring Plowing.

I was walking toward the barns, and two rather nice-looking gray-haired men were walking away from the barns. As we approached on the road, the one on the left was looking at me, straight into my eyes. As we neared, he gave me a big smile. I smiled back. What the heck. He was pretty. And then I gave him a slow blink just as we passed.

Overheard from behind me:
"Did you see that?"
"See what?"
"She blinked at me."
"She winked at you?"
"No, she blinked at me!"
"She blinked? What does that mean?"
"I'm not sure...."

They had stopped. I kept walking.

Yeah, ok, I flirt. I just ain't got no followthrough.

Giggle.
.

2 comments:

Marika said...

Oh my...you mean that even at that age, it's still a struggle to interpret the opposite sex? I had really hoped that by the time I'm grey, it will all make sense!!

~~Silk said...

Ah, Marika. By your mid-thirties, you probably will have figured out all there is to know about men. They really are quite simple souls.

Men, however, no matter how old they get, never do fiqure out women.