Tuesday, April 24, 2007

1218 Another Rough Patch

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Catching up on mail and email today.

I got a morning email from Roman inviting me to dinner, followed by a call. He had been in Dallas at the wedding of the daughter of a friend of his girlfriend this past weekend. I had planned to go to the Thought Cafe this evening, but decided to accept his invitation instead.

He seems to be getting stronger and more independent lately. That's good, but I hope he doesn't do anything rash about his current relationship. He needs to think about that a little more. He'll be very happy with her, and then something tics him off and he wants to break up with her, and they have a fight, he comes to me, and then he goes back to her, and she punishes him for a while, then everything is wonderful for a time, and then it starts all over again. There seems to be a rough patch going on right now. History says it will pass.

But he's sounding stronger, so maybe it won't.

Yes, I did tell him I had a good time Saturday. Partly because I'm still burbling, and partly to let him know I'm not as available during those bad patches as I once was. If he's thinking about breaking up with her again, he needs to think about how definite he wants to be. I don't want to distract or influence or enable him.

I'm heading for NJ tomorrow, dinner with TheMan. Probably no post tomorrow.
.

No comments: