Friday, March 23, 2007

1179 No One's Listening

Friday, March 23, 2007

I got an email from a friend, at the end of which he asks, "Do you ever talk to yourself and find that no one's listening?"

I've been trying for three days to think of a good comeback, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's not simply a cute quip. It's actually very deep.

I talk to myself a lot, and the voice in my head is very logical and makes a lot of sense. However, the voice is that of my parents, councilors, advisors, managers, authorities. I know I should do as they tell me, but I don't want to. What I want is not always logical or sensible. What I want is sometimes even dangerous.

I rebel.

So yeah, I talk to myself, and no one's listening.

.

1 comment:

Becs said...

My life these days is nearly constant solitude. Sometimes I talk to myself just to make sure I can do it. And sometimes, I don't listen to myself. I just blurt things out.

Unfortunately, this habit is carrying over to my ventures in public.