Wednesday, March 21, 2007

1174 I Have a Printer!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I ran a bunch of errands today.

I went to the bank and deposited a check for $1.37 - a dividend from one of those lots of stray stocks. It probably cost them more to cut and send the check. Got some cash for the weekend.

The Aerio has developed a rattly noise underneath. Probably a loose bolt, probably the exhaust system cover or something. With the six-hour drive into central Pa. coming up this weekend, I went looking for someplace that could put it on a lift and fix it. Don't want something important falling off on my trip. It took me three garages to find someone who can look at it before Saturday. Appointment tomorrow, 9:30 am.

Went shopping for an anniversary gift for the college friend and his wife, the folks I'll be visiting this weekend. I have determined that there is no nice lead crystal in all of Kingston. There are also no afghans. I ended up with a brass and glass world globe, where the countries are all different inset stones. Not at all what I wanted, but Piper has a smaller one on his desk, and I had always admired it.

Along the way I bought a set of Egyptian cotton sheets at one of the mall anchor stores, on sale, and two sheer tops. My arms look awful, because the skin on my upper arms hasn't tightened since I lost the weight, so I think this summer I'll mostly wear 3/4 sleeves. I want some very light sheer things I can wear over sleeveless stuff I already have. Old Navy had some gauzy picot knits with a wide deep neckline that seem perfect.

I visited an office supply store to buy the printer cable, and discovered that they had paper on sale, so I bought a box of 4 reams of paper that's usually $28 per box, for $7.

When I got home, I connected up the printer (the one that had been sitting over there unused for the past two-plus years), turned on the laptop, and ... it took off and installed the printer itself. It works perfectly.

Went to Epson.com to find out how much I can expect to pay for ink refills. ACK!!!!

.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Many congrats on the printer, the paper, and finding the right finish for your summer wardrobe.

Sometimes the shopping gods smile on us.