Monday, March 19, 2007

1171 Step In

Monday, March 19, 2007

Time to leave a comment!

If a famous painting could suddenly come alive, and if you could step into the painting, become a part of the scene, but invisible to the people in the scene, for perhaps a half hour or so, what painting would you want to visit?

The comment facility might ask you to log in with your Google id, but it's my understanding that if you select "anonymous", it skips the logging in part.

My second choice is the Vermeer painting of the woman standing at a window with the light flowing over her, reading a letter. I want to know what's in the letter, and I'd like to see the house and the neighborhood.

I'll tell my first choice on Wednesday.
.

1 comment:

Christine Dempsey said...

There are so many. A woman came into my shop the other day and asked me what kind of art I liked. I needed to think about it, but I figured it out. John Waterhouse is one of my favorite painters. I really love his work. This is one of my favorites:
A Mermaid. There are many more. But since no one else has commented yet, I felt the need to list at least one.