Saturday, January 27, 2007

1091 Foods and Stuff

Saturday, January 27, 2007

I'm going to take a fruit salad to LI tomorrow. I bought bananas, apples, dates, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, grapes, and fresh apricots, and I'll cut them up tonight. I'm on a fruit kick lately, don't know why. I've also got oranges and figs in the refrigerator from Thursday's fruit run, and I've been nibbling constantly.

Shopping today for the fruit, I also bought freeze dried vegetable chips, and the container has freeze dried string beans in there, too. I love them! I wish the whole lot was green beans and peas. I don't like cooked peas, but I love freeze dried peas (plain, not the hot Japanese type). I looked around a little online, and I can buy peas and beans, but the people selling them seem to think you should soak and cook them, so I'm afraid they're actually the hard leathery air dried type. And they're too expensive to buy an experimental batch.

----------------------------------

A question. I am under the impression that if you can pass the state bar exam, you can practice law, without having gone to law school. Law school is not a requirement. True or false?

----------------------------------

My favorite belly dance instructor has started teaching again. I need the scheduled controlled exercise and the stretching (for back problems, belly dance with an instructor who knows the rules is the absolute best back strengthening exercise), but I have a feeling that she's going to be working the class a lot harder, and expecting more of them, and I'm just not willing to work that hard any more. (Squats??!! Are you kidding me?) It's long been a just sort of playing at it thing for me.

Sigh.

-----------------------------------

I had to paint my keyboard with a permanent marker again. I keep saying this PC is ancient. It's so old that the letters have rubbed off many of the keys, and I have to draw them on again every few months. The wear pattern is sort of odd. It started with the E, R, and T keys. This morning I had to renew the W, E, R, T, Y, S, D, F, G, H, J, K, and X! The span from E to H were totally blank, the others were faint. Seems to be the left side that wears faster.

I don't touch type. I hunt and peck with two index fingers (right thumb for spaces). I realized last night that it was time to paint the keys again when I had to enter a password, and I wasn't sure where the E, R, F, T and G keys were, and I couldn't tell by looking at the screen if I'd got it right because everything was ********.

.

No comments: