Tuesday, January 23, 2007

1082 Bad Bad Hair

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I am 29% White Trash.
Not Too White Trashy
The white trash in my blood will not keep me from becoming a doctor or a lawyer, but it will keep me from a good haircut and any sort of fashion sense.


Hmmmm. I think maybe it's the Aerio sleeping on the front lawn. Or the mullet.

Yeah. The mullet.

Last fall I started heat-straightening my hair. I really liked it all smooth and slinky. But then I started seeing splits and breaks, even though I had the straightener on the absolute lowest effective setting, and then the top front got all ragged. I have a dark patch right smack in the front (like Jay Leno's), and I lighten that piece, and I guess it couldn't take the heat.

So I ran a part from the top of one ear to the other ear, and cut the whole front short. I kinda like it. The top and back is about mid-back length now and growing. I got a little over-enthusiastic about a week ago and cut the front and sides a tad too short, but it's a good shape, and will be right in about three weeks.

This test surprised me by not asking if I was even white. Shouldn't that have been the first question?

.

No comments: