Sunday, October 01, 2006

903 Rainy Days and Sundays

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Rainy yesterday, rainy today. About mid-60s out there. One of the big craft fairs was in Rhinebeck this weekend (we ain't talking pipe cleaners here, folks), there was an antiques auction last night, and I was supposed to deliver some more Pilot Logs to the mansion museums this weekend. But rain puts me to sleep. I didn't do anything except write a bunch of emails, read a bunch of blogs, and do a little online flirting.

I ran a few errands this evening, and met Daughter in the village for a quick nibble. She was on her way home after a weekend visit to an old friend upstate.

I've boosted the heat up to 75 in the house, and I'm still cold. I guess I'm going to have to give up and put shoes on. The weather man said "extra blanket" weather coming, so I guess I get to put the down featherbed and comforter back on the bed - the only good thing about winter as far as I'm concerned. They are unbelievably thick and fluffy, and it's like snuggling deep into a warm cloud. (If you don't know what a featherbed is, it's a comforter-like down mattress topper. It goes under the bottom sheet and you sorta sink into it.)

Autumn is coming fast this year. Leaf peak is usually mid-October. We don't have a lot of color this year, but the leaves are already falling pretty heavily. I wonder if there will be any leaves left on the trees by mid-October.

What's with the "turn of the month" and the guys on the dating sites? All of a sudden I'm getting all kinds of nibbles again. It happens near the end of every month. Payday? Does the end of the month remind them time is passing? There's a 49-year-old attorney 50 miles away, a 58-year-old moustache 15 miles away, a 53-year-old "Sagatarius" [sic] 23 miles away, a 46-year-old 15 miles away who is interested in "a meaningful overnight relationship", a 48-year-old plumber 26 miles away. And several others more divergent in age or farther away.

I'm meeting the moustache tomorrow.

No comments: