Friday, July 21, 2006

807 Friday

Friday, July 21, 2006

I just noticed that I've got two entries numbered 806. Fooey. Deal with it.

I went to the monthly Third Thursday dinner last night. Roman and I were the only ones to show up, so we had a nice slow relaxing three hour dinner and conversation. If I didn't know that the usual other attendees are socially dense, I'd think they knew we'd been having problems, and left us alone on purpose. We're friends again, I think.

It's pouring rain, so dense I can't see across the driveway. Miss Thunderfoot ran for the basement to hide. Storms don't usually bother her, but I guess the (slightly) open windows let more of the sound in.

I went across the river today. Visited the Gypsy at her studio, bought some underwear at Wal-Mart (in order to put off doing laundry for another week), forgot to stop at the Suzuki dealer to pick up my registration and floor mats, and decided not to go to the Maritime Museum to see the science ship that's been docked there this week. It's supposed to be very interesting, but the storm was coming, so I skipped it.

---------------------------------

I read an article somewhere recently that said the smaller the animal, the less likely it is to go extinct. People are getting bigger. Someday my genes will be appreciated!

----------------------------------

No funding for stem cell research? I don't quite understand the logic that finds a few cells with the potential to grow into a human so very valuable, but as soon as those cells turn 18 and we can put a uniform on them, they become expendable.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I find the whole restriction on available stem cell lines exasperating, too.