Wednesday, July 19, 2006

805 Rest in Peace?

I've been having trouble with the internet connection over the past few days. First it was extremely slow. This usually means that the folks I dial in to are futzing around with something, and it usually gets better eventually. Yesterday it was marginally faster, but both Netscape and Firefox were program checking ("illegal operation") and crashing regularly.

Today both browsers are dying intermittently, but that's not the most troubling. I was reading a page on a site that I KNOW does NOT have music, and suddenly my speakers burst out with song - multiple voices singing "... something something something, rest in peace" and then it stopped.

I'm still clicking away here, but something's weird. I'll run a scan in a few minutes. If I disappear for a while, you'll know why. (Internet cafe? What's an internet cafe? They have them in Ulan Bator, Mongolia, but not around here.)

No comments: