Thursday, July 20, 2006

806 Wasps

After my complaint about how rain pours in through the minivan windows, I bought shields that go over the windows and divert the water. I installed one over each front side window this afternoon. We're supposed to get rain tonight, so I was thinking that if I put the covers on, I could leave the windows cracked a bit without having to worry. That would be nice.

While I was working on the van, I saw paper wasps going in and out of the gap between the side mirrors and the housing. Damn! Every once in a while when I fill the gas tank, I open the hatch to a nest. Or if I haven't opened the passenger side or a back door in a while, I'll find nests in the door frame.

If I leave the windows open a crack, how long will it be before I find a nest under the dashboard, or the brake pedal?

Any ideas how I can prevent wasps taking over the vehicles? (I noticed them checking out all the cracks and openings on the Aerio, too.) Think maybe if I move the car, park it in a different spot on the driveway or lawn every day, they'll "lose" it? (If I don't just move them with it....)

Oh, speaking of brake pedals, the Chrysler/Dodge folks worked on the minivan's brakes last week. Now there's something sticky-oily on the driveway under the passenger-side wheel works. Sigh. Pardon me while I go stick some cardboard under it so I can see what color it is and if it's still doing it. I'm really tired of this.

1 comment:

Kate said...

maybe you need a shaman to get rid of your bad luck with that van!