Friday, May 26, 2006

704 - More Falls Photos (4)

More of Roman's photos.

The glen is often called Waterfall Heaven. It smells good. It's clean. I've never seen a tick or a mosquito there. Deer, bears, bobcats, lynxes, rattlesnakes, copperheads, yes. Ticks and mosquitoes, no. Kitchen Creek is fed from Lake Jean, and Lake Jean is fed from springs. The water is clear and cold.

This Jack-in-the-Pulpit was at the edge of the path. In my experience, they are very rare! This guy was tiny - the entire pulpit was no more than 2 or 2.5 inches tall I think Roman did an excellent job photographing it.


One of these days, I'll manage to visit when the mountain laurel is in bloom.

2 comments:

Shoshana said...

Beautiful pictures!

Chris said...

This reminds me of one of the falls near Franklin NC but for the life of me, I can't think of the name right now. Great photos!

Chris
My Blog