Monday, May 01, 2006

#668 Artsy Daughter


Back in early March, Roman and I had gone to a weekend Mensa regional gathering in New Jersey. Daughter joined us for Saturday evening. One of the activities that Daughter attended was a 1-hour painting workshop. After the talk, the attendees were instructed to paint a portrait of the person sitting at the table opposite them. Well, Daughter arrived at the room late, missed much of the talk, and was left with the rejects of the brushes.

The above is the painting she did of John, who sat opposite her. To fully appreciate this portrait, you need to know four things. 1) John was not sitting still. He was painting her at the same time. 2) The entire portrait is 4 inches high and 2.5 inches wide. 3) The brush Daughter used was one full inch wide! She painted using the corners of the brush. 4) John is immediately recognizable.

I think it's incredible.

This John guy was very interesting. A wee tad young for me, but interesting. I smelled testosterone. If I hadn't been there with Roman, I'd have flirted, and I don't know how to flirt, but I'd have tried. Daughter got his card, and I told her to hang onto it, I might want it later.

She discarded it.

I could kill her.

I'm KEEPING the painting! So there!

No comments: