Saturday, February 11, 2006

#563 Date

Well, I had my first online match date today. (Well, actually it's the second, but the first doesn't count - that was a guy from Connecticut whom I had earlier turned down, but we continued to "talk" for a few weeks, and I met him for dinner one evening in Fishkill as he was passing through, nothing there. Nothing to report.)

This guy was nice, and much better looking than his photos on the site, which was a pleasant discovery. We had coffee/tea and cheesecake at Barnes & Noble, and then, even though all the rules say never to go anywhere in his car, we went to Woodstock, to Cooper Lake, one of his favorite spots. I felt perfectly safe because he checks out thoroughly in the internet, has a lot of relatives and friends and contacts in town, and a reputation of his own to protect.

Plus Daughter had all the info if I went missing.

Naturally, I did something even more stupid - I left my gloves in his car.

His emailed response when he found them was amusement. I hope he believes I'm much too honest and naive to be so devious. I really didn't do that on purpose! It's very embarrassing.

So, we'll see what happens next.

It hasn't started snowing yet. I moved the van down to the bottom of the driveway, and verified that I have gas for the snowthrower, so I'm ready. 'Cept I don't have my favorite gloves....

No comments: