Friday, February 10, 2006

#562 Trivia

Snow is coming, probably Saturday night, somewhere between 7 and 12 inches, depending on whom you believe. Which really means we'll get either none or more than 18 inches.
[Later update - Channel 6 says the storm will be passing off the coast, and it probably won't affect us at all. Channel 10 says 6 inches. Channel 13 says 4 to 8+ inches, maybe. Channel 23 says 12 inches or more.]

It's cold outside now (23 degrees). Even though the air is still and the thermostat says it's 74 in the house (it lies!!!!) my nose, shins, and hands are cold. Times like this is when I want to go to bed in the middle of the day. I hate cold.

Something I noticed - since I've lost a little weight, I feel the cold more.

Of all the Mensans who were so interested in Trivia last night, Tom and I were the only ones who showed up. We were joined a little later by two nonmember friends of Tom. We played under separate ids, but collaborated on the questions. Out of a few thousand players nationally, I came in individually at something like 125th, and we managed to bring our bar total in at 24th (and there were only the four of us playing! That's pretty good). Tom regularly scores in the top 10 or so individually. I still need to improve my time. When I'd be the first to say the correct answer, and the guys and I would all hit the buttons as soon as I said it, over and over they got the full 1000 points, and I got 875 (the points drop as time passes), even when I said the correct answer when the question first came up, before we were offered the multiple choices. I'm slow finding the right number to go with the answer, and then I'm slow on the button. And I was using BOTH HANDS!

I ate too much. I got the pulled pork quesedia, and Tom ate 1/4 of it, and it was so good I got another (of which Tom ate another quarter). Then Tom got a chicken platter and I ate half his baked potato. Then the other guys got a sampler platter, and I ate some wings, and sausage, and onion rings, and cheese sticks. Not to mention the wine.

I was afraid to step on the scale this morning.

No comments: