Sunday, February 05, 2006

#558 Blah Today

I got up early enough this morning to make it to the dance class and drumming, but ... I feel awful, so I didn't go. Bubble bath instead. My lower back, upper back, and legs ache, and my chest feels like it's stuffed with cotton. I suspect I'm fighting off a virus or something. No head involvement, though, so it's NOT a hangover!

Of the people from my high school class that I was looking for several posts back, I have found Joe, Gene, Helen, and Deloris. And I also re-found a neighbor from Washington, Carolyn. Making progress. But now I have increased my correspondence responsibilities.

Another quick tip from Roman: I fill out a lot of online forms, and almost all of them have one of those drop-down lists when it comes to the state (and sometimes country). I hate them, because New York is so far down in the list, and it won't allow you to just type in "NY". It turns out all you have to do is type the first letter of what you want, and each time you type that letter, the system will cycle through all the words in the list starting with that letter. So, given a list of states, if you want NY, type "n" and it will give you NE (and that's the point at which in the past I said a bad word and quit) but then you just keep hitting "n" and it will cycle through until it gets to NY. It works for all drop-down lists, even when they're not in alphabetical order. Very nifty.

I didn't know that. I wonder how Roman finds out this stuff.

No comments: