Friday, February 03, 2006

#555 Cajun Dancing

Well, I can now do a Cajun waltz, and the Two-step. They're actually pretty easy. The waltz is a simple one-two-three-one-two-three practically walking around in a counterclockwise circle, with a turn in each corner of the room. The Two-step was taught as one-two-three-pause one-two-three-pause, but in actual practice it's more like one-two-three-hitch-one-two-three-hitch, same turns in the corners.

They do this every first Friday of the month, and it seemed like everybody there already knew each other. Being shy, I didn't get much practice, just watched from the balcony, but maybe if I go a few more times I'll get more at ease, and become more familiar to them, too.

When I left the club and started the van, there was a strange light on the strip above the dashboard. I'd never seen it before. It's shaped sort of like a motor. Uh-oh. Owner's manual says something about getting service VERY SOON, that there's something wrong with the emissions system or some other thingy. Or else maybe the gas cap isn't on tight. I checked the gas cap, and in fact it wasn't tight, but tightening it didn't make the light go away. Fooey. I hate unusual lights on the dash. Especially at the start of a weekend.

I just got another note tonight from another admirer on the major dating site - this one's 50, 6'2", doctorate and post-doctoral, and also north of Schenectady. From his photos he's a very large man, heavy as well as tall, impressive in a dark suit. Otherwise not bad looking, and articulate, but ... so far away? So big? I don't know what to say to him, either. This is getting very frustrating. Maybe Fate is trying to tell me something.

Time for bed.

No comments: