Thursday, February 02, 2006

#553 Activities

Thursday, 02/02/06

Wow! It's Thursday! What happened to Wednesday? I haven't the faintest idea what I did all day yesterday. I slept late for some unknown reason (got to bed early the night before), went to the spa in the afternoon instead of morning, ... ummm - blank period ..., met Roman for dinner before class, went to class, came home and went to bed early, something like 11 pm. Woke at 4:40 am this morning, back to sleep about 6 am for another 3 hours.

I did only one round at the spa yesterday. My body is complaining, not badly, just nagging "Please don't do that" kind of stuff. The problem with my left arm seems to center on the muscle on the back of the upper arm, especially where it attaches to the shoulder. I'll completely skip that machine today, give it a rest.
---------------------------
Later:
Went to the spa, did two rounds of the machines. Then to the bank to deposit some checks from the sale of stock, then dropped in on Piper and gave him a personal check for that amount, then to the drug store for some bubble bath, and as soon as I finish this I'm going to take a bubble bath.

Dinner with Mensa tonight at El Coqui, but I have to skip Trivia - they moved it from Poughkeepsie to Fishkill, and that would be too much of a rush to make it there in time from Kingston.

Tomorrow night there's Cajun dancing in Woodstock, with lessons first (no partner required), so if I can get myself psyched up, I want to go to that.

Saturday night Twisted Tassels (http://twistedtassels.com/) will be dancing in Woodstock with live drumming, so I definitely want to go. I invited Roman (and he actually paused before saying no, he'll be in LI, he had told me earlier at dinner that he'd be going, but what the heck, doesn't hurt to try), and Piper and his lady friend (but Piper will be visiting his daughter for her birthday), and The Angel (who wasn't in the office, I left a note, so who knows), and the Mensa Yahoo group (but they never come, their concept of belly dancing doesn't extend to tribal style and I think it scares them). However, I can probably expect to see a few people I know there anyway.

So, Mother is busy busy. It's weird - this winter there seems to be a lot more going on than ever before. The available activities list looks more like summer.

Off to my bath.

No comments: