Wednesday, January 11, 2006

#517 Trying to Get Lost

I made a quick trip to the deli about noonish, and then wandered some more back roads. I'm getting to know the roads around here too well. I may have to go farther afield to keep it satisfying. I kept ending up on route 9, no matter how well I watched the compass, so finally I gave up and headed home. As I turned into my street, I realized I really didn't want to go home. There's too much to do here that I don't feel like doing. Like laundry. Sorting. Clearing. Bleck. I really want to just go to bed with a book and shut the world out. But the bed isn't comfortable with those damn satin sheets, so I need to do laundry. Double bleck.

I had asked 'him' to call when he got back, to let me know how his mother was (but really how he was holding up), so he called last night. He's headed back down this afternoon, and may or may not make it back for the meeting tomorrow evening.

I mentioned to him that I had received his card, and I didn't know what to think of it, why he sent it.
He said he just wanted to let me know he was thinking of me "during this one or two week break".
"One or two weeks?"
He insisted he had said last Wednesday that he wanted to take a one or two week break.
I said I didn't hear that. I think I would have caught that, had I heard him say it.
Silence.
Well, he wanted me to know that he was thinking of me, that he "thinks about me a lot. All the time."
"Oh."
I changed the subject.

I haven't changed my mind.

I have an 11 o'clock meeting with Piper tomorrow to sign some papers, and then we plan to go out for lunch. Then I'll be heading for Pok for the computer club meeting. If lunch is long, I may not have an opportunity for a post tomorrow. Friday morning early (Oh god I hate that word) I have to have the van in for the (I hope they can do it) alignment.

Right now, I'm going to take a long bubble bath and wash my hair.

No comments: