Saturday, December 31, 2005

#503 NO plans for the Evening!

Well, I didn't have to work up any enthusiasm after all. I looked out the front door at about 4 pm, and there was a dusting of snow. But then it stopped, and I thought, well, ok, that's not a show stopper. A 6:30 pm I heard very loud strange thumpings and bangings and crashings out front, and I looked out the door in time to see the town plowtruck wending its way from mailbox to mailbox gathering crash points. And four inches of snow on the ground. (I hope my mailbox survived....) Now, THAT's the show stopper. The party is a good 40 minute drive away, through woods. If the snow keeps up I wouldn't be able to get up my street, let alone the driveway, when I got home.

(The thermometer on the door says 40 degrees. Nothing nicer on a 350' driveway than frozen slush.)

Well, at least my hair is clean.

But what am I going to do with three bottles of champagne and a bowl of pomegranate sections?

1 comment:

~~Silk said...

Got the following comment via email from FlossiePumpkin - a lady after my own mind:

"one bottle for you, one bottle for me and lets get a guy and share the last one!!!!!and spit the pits on him. lolololol"

I was going to ask where we'd find that guy, but on second thought, after two bottles of bubbly, we'd probably kidnap one off the street! (Oooo - let's get one of those nice young state cops! I'll drive. You grab him!)