Monday, December 26, 2005

#494 Throwing Out, or Throwing Up?

My stomach is still queasy today, worse than yesterday. That "hollow" feeling in the stomach with the "lumpy" feeling in the throat. I can't decide whether to throw up or cry. I don't know whether it's Daughter's virus visiting or the aftereffects of what I saw Saturday, but either way, I wish it would stop.

I intend to work in the basement all day today, throw out some more junk. It's raining outside, so even though I really want to get a long walk in, I can't, without risking a cold on top of whatever else is going on inside me. Although I may still risk a cold - the basement is chilly (and the dehumidifier is iced up again).

What a droopy dreary day. It's 11:30 am, and I have all the lights on. Not conducive to happy thoughts.

Maybe I'll go eat a whole bag of Lindt Truffles. Then if I throw up, it's Win-Win.

See? I can have happy thoughts!

~~Silk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. No need to publish this. I was just browsing blogs and came across yours. I was interested in the 'lumpy feeling in the throat'. I also suffer from this (for years). My doctor labelled it as something called 'globus hystericus'. It is stress related and treatable.

Sorry to intrude.

~~Silk said...

I published the above comment even though it said "no need to" because it's anonymous, and perceptive. Yup. Ties it pretty well to Saturday's vision.
~~Silk