Thursday, December 29, 2005

#500 Searching for...

I have noticed that my journal entries show up in Google searches. Not right away, it takes a while, but eventually. So if I were to put the name of someone I'm looking for in here, and if that person or someone who knows them were to "google" them, they'll see my entry. Wow. A possible source of leads! (I'm finding those stupid people-finder sites to be a waste of time and money. Either they give you a free load of undifferentiated garbage, or they charge you first, then give you garbage.) So, here goes:

I am searching for Raymond S. Gutosky, Raymond Gutosky, Ray Gutosky, born 1943-45, originally from Lopez, Pa., went to Pitt. Univ.
I am searching for Joseph M. Kulsicavage, Joseph Kulsicavage, Joe Kulsicavage, born 1943-45, went to Turnpike HS, Mildred, Pa.
I am searching for Deloris Delovich (maiden name), born 1943-45, originally from Lopez, Pa.
I am searching for Ronald Riordan, Ron Riordan, born 1943-45, went to Turnpike HS, Mildred, Pa.
I am searching for Eugene Richley, Gene Richley, born 1943-45, went to Turnpike HS, Mildred, Pa.
I am searching for Edward Guy Wood, Edward G. Wood, Edward Wood, Ed Wood, born 1943-46, was a member of Washington DC Mensa in the 80s.
I am searching for John Wolford, born 1943-45, went to Benton HS, Benton, Pa.
I am searching for Robert Morris Derrick, Robert M. Derrick, Robert Derrick, Bob Derrick, born 1941-44, originally from Shamokin, Pa, big dimple in his chin. [Update 03/12/10 - I have discovered through the Social Security death lists that Bob Derrick died in the late '90s.]
I am searching for Judy Belcher (maiden name), born 1943-45, went to Benton HS, Benton, Pa.
I am searching for Diane Bithell (maiden name), born 1943-45, originally from Ottawa, Canada.

I guess that'll do it for now. If you have any information on these people, leave me a comment with any details you have. Remember, if there is contact information in the comment, I WILL NOT publish the comment. It will remain private between you and me.

If you and I are searching for the same names, hey, maybe you and I know each other!

If you actually know these people, you could point them to this journal (you can send them the link to this entry, found at the bottom of the entry) instead of sending me info. Maybe they'll recognize the photo (20-40 years later? Yeah, sure!) and they can contact me themselves. Tell them it's the itty bitty gal from the air force base. All but Diane will recognize that description. Tell Diane it's her American friend from the 7th grade.

Thanks.

~~Silk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silk~
My name is Veronica. May I as why you're looking for Joe Kulsicavage? Who are you? Joe is my Uncle and Godfather. His Brother Ron is my father. I can help if I know you first.

~~Silk said...

Oh, I hope you do come back to check for my response. I can't put my name in here (don't want weirdos knocking on my door), but I went to high school in Mildred with most of the folks in the above list. If you tell Joe it's the very short girl from the air force base, he'll know who I am, and he would probably recognize the photo in the http://silkendrum.blogspot.com/2006/10/923-ah-youth.html entry. I've got dark hair there.

Ahah! Tell him it's Obie's girl!

I've been in contact with Gene Richley, and I had put contact info in the online Lopez newsletter (at http://www.lopezpa.com/Lopeznew.htm), hoping that someone from the Turnpike class of '62 would contact me. No one ever did.

I read in that newsletter that Joe was in the hospital, and I sent a card, but I don't know if he ever got it.

I'm changing the comment facility back to where I have to approve comments before they appear, so if you see this and respond, you can put an email address in a comment, and I just won't approve it for posting.