Sunday, December 25, 2005

#493 A Glimpse

Quick entry - queasy stomach today, but nothing at all like Daughter had Saturday.

On the way home yesterday, I did one of my favorite things, just wandering on a road I'd never been on before just to see where it went, to find new things, to try to get lost. I do that a lot. It's how I found that amazing omelet I'll never find again.

Out of the blue, I saw something absolutely amazing, something that I truly believe I was meant to see. I would never have seen it had I not taken that road. I would not have seen it had I been a few seconds earlier at that particular spot, or a few seconds later. But there it was, and it was visible only for a few seconds, only at that exact moment! I could pass that spot a thousand times on purpose at different times, and look for it, and would not be able to see it. But I saw it. Out of the blue. I think some greater power put me in that spot at that exact moment. The timing is the important part.

A reward. Something I was meant to see. Never mind what. It just couldn't have been chance.

And people scowl at me when I say I believe in fate.

~~Silk

No comments: