Thursday, July 24, 2014

3968 Wind

Thursday, July 24, 2014

I was so happy about the condition of the country house when I visited two weeks ago.  The microwave still had the correct time, so it hadn't even lost power all winter.

I couldn't go last week because Daughter, Hercules, and the Nugget had gone camping, and I was charged with taking care of the cats and watering the tomatoes.  I wouldn't have gone anyway, because the temperatures up there were in the high 80s low 90s, and it would have been simply too hot to do anything in the house.  Today and tomorrow are supposed to be low 80s, so I plan to drive up this afternoon, returning Saturday.

Next week I want to schedule visits from a few a/c companies.  I need to get that moving.

This morning I got an email from the Hairless Hunk.  There was a windstorm yesterday.  I lost four trees.  He said none hit the house, they all fell to the east, but ... damn!  Over the past 10 years I've lost at least a dozen mature trees to wind.   Price of living on a ridge, I guess.  (While Jay was alive, we had only one severe tree incident, but that time we lost 20 trees in one fell swoop.)

I hope none are crossing the driveway.  I can no longer walk up that drive.
.


No comments: