Saturday, November 17, 2012

3664 This is a title?

Saturday, November 17, 2012

"He who lives without folly isn't so wise as he thinks."
-- Francois de La Rochefoucauld --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the second squirrel today, and some seagulls/terns, and also our resident hawk.  We're getting back to normal.

--------------------------

Believe it or not, I've never tasted a Twinkie. I've always been more of a Tastykakes gal.

--------------------------

There are a lot of places around here where you can drop off donations of clothing, food, and necessities for people who have lost everything to the hurricane.  They don't check your status when you go there to get stuff, and there are some people who lost nothing who are going to the centers and "shopping" for freebees.  Daughter says some people she knows are actually bragging about the cool stuff they picked up.

These people are despicable.

It reminded me of ExMIL#2.  She ran a program at her church, a collection drive and distributing stuff to needy families.  She was so very virtuous that she saw nothing wrong with going through the donations and pulling out things she liked to give to friends and family.  She had a heap of clothing in her kitchen one time when we visited, and she invited me to go through it and take anything I liked.  I was horrified.

A friend who had volunteered at a Salvation Army store told me that the workers there go through new donations as soon as they arrive and pick out the best stuff, either for themselves or to sell on eBay.  At least there, they are expected to pay for the items.  They just skim off the best first.  And of course, they set the price.

-------------------------------

Lots of people have taken the civics test I linked in the previous post.  Thank you for participating!  I'm not surprised that you've done so much better than average.  I'll give y'all another day, in case someone has not yet taken it but wants to (and no fair reading the comments before you take it), then I'll revisit the topic.
.

No comments: