Sunday, November 11, 2012

3654 Clearing out the bins

Sunday, November 11, 2012

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and
 evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
-- Steven Weinberg --

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, it took me all day Saturday to catch up on email, news, and internet stuff.  I get "feeds" for a bunch of blogs and various web sites, and when I was finally able to check Friday evening, I had over 1500 alerts on the queue. 

I spent a lot of today on cbs.com watching the two "Survivor" episodes I had missed and last Sunday's "The Amazing Race", while battling the laptop which has decided to hang every so often, so that it takes twice as long to do anything.  I also spent some time holding the ladder for Hercules while he got tree branches off my FIOS wires.  Then I dragged some branches out of the back yard, and Hercules helped me figure out why the garage door opener latch didn't want to catch the chain that opens the door.  Turns out I'm just too short to pull the release rope far enough to the side to engage the catch.

Then, finally, I cleaned out the refrigerator.  Power had gone out Monday, 10/29, and I hadn't opened the doors until it came back again on 11/9.  It was pretty bad.  The smell was not of bad meat - it was more like rotted brussels sprouts or something (there was kale and asparagus in the veggie bin, both of which had gone liquid), a smell so bad it immediately filled the whole house, and I was actually afraid it would get into the rugs and upholstery and I'd never get it out.  I slammed the doors shut hoping that chilling and freezing would knock the smell down, but it didn't.  Garbage collection is tomorrow, so I had to clear it out today.  I filled three kitchen-can-sized garbage bags. 

I still want to complain about the storm!

Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Complain away - we missed you and want to hear what happened.
Kris