Monday, July 02, 2012

3561 Cammo

Monday, July 2, 2012

To touch a rock is to touch the past.
To touch a flower is to touch the present.
To touch a child is to touch the future get fired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seem to have suddenly gained 10 pounds, distributed from my collar bones to my knees.  I don't know how.  But for the past two months, nothing fits.  Even my bras are choking me.

I was worried that maybe it had something to do with the kidney, but it doesn't seem to be edema.  My extremities are not affected.  It's flat-out fat.

Back to counting calories I guess.  I bet it was ice cream that did it.

Given that nothing fits, I'm almost lucky that there's heat.   I prefer loose clothing when it's hot anyway.  Easier to put on, allows air flow, blah blah.  There's a reason they wear mu'u mu'us in Hawaii.

I've been wearing some mu'u mu'us I bought in Hawaii, and caftans from the Smithsonian catalog and from African importers.  I really like them.  I'd wear them all year, except that it's hard to wear a coat over a caftan.

One day I slipped a caftan on to go downstairs to answer the door when the bell rang as I was getting out of the shower.  I didn't have any underwear on, and, surprise, I discovered I don't need panties with caftans or mu'u mu'us.  Nobody's going to see anything.  Nothing "touches" anything.  Air flow is very much increased.

Being me, I wondered if I ought to put something on.  A bra is sort of necessary to prevent movement, and embarrassment in a cool draft, but panties?  That got me thinking about thongs (not the shoes... thongs used to be shoes, you know).  I've never understood thongs.  They are definitely not comfortable.  That thin part up the back is incredibly annoying.  It rubs sensitive spots.  They don't protect outer clothing.  All they "cover" is a triangle of fur in the front (and mine is blond), so why bother?

Anybody want to explain why anyone voluntarily wears thongs to me?  I mean as a regular thing, during the day.  I can see their value in intimate encounters....
.

4 comments:

Becs said...

Butt floss.

James P. said...

Can't explain the thongs, which look horribly uncomfortable and not really functional as underoos. You'd have to ask our daughters' generation. I am remembering the early 1970's when we wore the long, loose dresses and loved them. Of course, I weighed 100 pounds then, so there was nothing to hide. NOW, of course, when I am waddling, they aren't in style. I'll let you be the trendsetter here!....Ginny

~~Silk said...

Hi, Ginny.

Are you the new visitor coming in from somewhere in or near the Delaware area?

James P. said...

Hi from Sterling, VA....no Delawarahoovians (whatever) here. My husband and I are mid-sixties...him being (unhappily) medically retired from a military career in 1989. I am posting this here b/c I don't see a way to contact you. Still learning how to navigate these blogs! Love your writing, but I intend never to wash out Ziploc bags. Ginny