Wednesday, February 15, 2012

3467 Jasper says rub my belly and I'll love-bite you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The wise will act; the foolish will hope.

------------------------------------------------------------

On the medical stuff, I got an x-ray of my left kidney today and made a Friday appointment for an ultrasound. From walking into the hospital until walking out was 2.5 hours. I'm tired from just sitting. I hadn't taken a book because I didn't expect to get the x-ray today and certainly didn't expect to sit and stare at a blank wall for 40 minutes at a time.

The kidney stone is still there.

I'm trying to schedule blood work, but the only way the lab makes appointments is online, and there are no morning appointments available for two weeks. It has to be morning because it requires fasting. I'm dropping urine off tomorrow, so I'll ask if they could do something about that.

--------------------------------

Boston.com's Big Picture today (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2012/02/seeing_red_valentines_day_2012.html) is about Valentine's Day around the world.

I had assumed that Valentine's Day was a Euro-Americas thing, so I was surprised to find photos from:
Islamabad
Bangalore
Beijing
Damascus
Brussels
Shanghai
Prague
Karachi
Wuhan
Manila
Lima
Peshawar
Jerusalem
Lahore
Jeddah
Abidjan
San Salvador
Tehran
Cairo
Kiev
Kuala Lumpur
Prachinburi province, Thailand

I'm surprised that many of those countries are Islamic. I'm amused that all the favors and all the red balloons being sold on street corners all over the world had "I love you" on them ... in English!
.

No comments: