Saturday, April 16, 2011

3220 Ominous Pain

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it - and eventually they will believe it.
-- Adolf Hitler --

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is not good. Remember the pain in my lower left back that turned out to be a blocking kidney stone and kidney infection, and landed me in the hospital in White Plains on April 2, where I got a four-day stay and a stent in the left kidney? Today I have a pain in the exact same spot, but on the right.

The appointment with the local urologist isn't until next Thursday.

This might get interesting.

------------------------------------

I mentioned my admiration for the conduct of the Japanese people. Here's an article that says it well: http://www.goiit.com/posts/list/community-shelf-10-things-to-learn-from-japan-1094859.htm
.

7 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Gawd, woman, I don't know how you're walking around with that thing in you. My body was going into contractions, trying to get it out, in less than a week, and I could barely tolerate getting up off of the couch. If I could have, I would have just wet myself right there instead of walking to the bathroom.

I hope the new pain isn't any more trouble, but maybe that side of the body mirroring. One can hope.

Becs said...

BaNG: Well. Isn't that encouraging?

Badass Nature Girl said...

Becs: ??????????? I guess I don't understand your comment. It was meant to be encouraging. She's been amazing through this, when I couldn't even handle a week with a stent. And besides, no matter what I say the possibility of the pain is, I know Silk listens to her body and has ideas already of what it is. If I offended you, sorry, but my comment was for her, and if she took it the wrong way, she'll let me know.

~~Silk said...

Settle down Ladies. It's all ok.

I do feel the stent - it feels like a bell in my bladder that swings and rings with every step, and I do want to get it out as soon as possible, but given that the stone is still in the kidney and without the stent it will block drainage again, I accept the tolling of the bell. (The stents come in sizes, and people will have difficulty if the stent is too long or too short. I got the shortest adult size, and I suspect it's just the teeniest bit too long.)

The pain I'm getting on the right is a bit of a worry, it's like what I had been feeling on the left, back when I thought it was a spine problem, but I'll find out what's going on within a week. It may well be another stone in the other kidney, but it will be addressed.

Mainly, we need to figure out why I'm forming stones, likely a dietary thing, and then fix that.

Badass Nature Girl said...

Once your stone and stent are taken care of, they may have you do a 24-hour urine collection, which is what they had me do. They were unable, however, to determine why I develop them, so no dietary changes were recommended. My stones were the most common calcium type. I started taking Magnesium again, which was prescribed by a rheumatolgist for another condition, and I'm hoping that helps my body absorb calcium better. Best of luck with it all, no matter what they find.

Becs said...

Send not to ask for whom the stent tolls - it tolls for pee.

~~Silk said...

Heh. I laughed so hard at that (tolls for pee?) that Jasper is hiding behind the door.