Saturday, April 16, 2011

3219 Blah

Saturday, April 16, 2011

First rule of leadership: Everything is your fault.
-- A Bug’s Life --

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very unhappy today, very unusual for me. I don't know why I just can't get anything going. The thermostat says it's 73 in here, and I'm wearing closed shoes, socks, jeans, and a long-sleeved flannel shirt, and I'm still freezing. My fingers and my nose and toes are almost numb. They want to curl up and hide somewhere warm. It's dreary and drizzling and cold-windy outside. I've been pretty productive the past few days, got a lot of little things done, which was very satisfying, but today I can't get started on anything, and there's so very much to do. There's nothing on TV, nothing on the radio, I don't want to watch any DVDs, and reading a book is just too much effort. I should have eaten lunch two hours ago, but didn't feel like putting anything together.

I'm just blah.

I've got that old feeling I'd had so many times in the distant past, where I want to go home, but I'm not sure where "home" is. I want to curl up next to someone strong and warm.

Sigh. Rain rain go away. Silk needs the sun to come out and play.

I've got a can of New England clam chowder around here somewhere....

2 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

I've got the same 'blah' day, my friend.

the queen said...

But you love to learn. Is there nothing new to learn? Cook babka or souffle or something satisfying.
Of course, when I get in that mood I go to sleep.