Monday, March 07, 2011

3183 How do I have any clothes left?

Monday, March 7, 2011

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory."
-- Josh Billings --

------------------------------------------------

Here's something else I don't understand:

I wash and dry a small load of clothes, say seven light knit tops, one sweater, and two t-shirts that I sleep in. Folded, they make a stack about 10 inches high.

When I clean out the lint trap, I remove a ball of lint the size of my fist, even when squeezed.

All that lint came from those few pieces.

I have a LOT of clothes, some things are very old, because I rarely throw anything out. It just moves down on the "acceptable in public" list. So I can pretty much guarantee that every item in that load had been washed at least, at a minimum, a dozen times, assuming I wore it twice a year. More likely a LOT more.

How do I have any clothes left? Howcum they're not transparent by now?
.

2 comments:

rockygrace said...

Hmmm ... I've got a small throw rug (2' x 3'), and every blessed time I wash it, there's a TON of lint in the trap.

Now you've got me wondering ...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's not lint off of those clothes, perhaps a sock just blows up and disintegrates and that is why we are forever missing socks?

Z