Friday, September 10, 2010

3082 Friday

Friday, September 10, 2010

"The saying ‘Getting there is half the fun’ became obsolete with the advent of commercial airlines."
-- Henry J. Tillman --

----------------------------------------------------------

Man, nothin' happening. Really dead around here. It's getting colder, and I'm already hating winter.

Daughter is starting to realize the advantages of my moving down there. She was eating celery while we were talking on the phone today, and I said that I rarely buy celery because I end up throwing most of it away, and she said, "Me, too", and we decided we could buy one bunch of celery and share it. Also cabbage heads, and bags of baby spinach, and... and... and.

Also, she'd like to cultivate some private clients but she doesn't want to be alone with clients, so she's been working in spas, and acupuncturist and chiropractor's offices, where she has to pay rent or share the fees. I pointed out that if she has a client to her house, I can sit in her living room and read so she's not alone, and if she doesn't have enough room in her house, she can use mine.

Suddenly Mom-across-the-street doesn't sound so scary.
.

No comments: