Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2999 Anniversary, and rental car gas

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Everything worth knowing leaves bruises.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops. Yesterday was the 6-year anniversary of, well, not this blog exactly, since I started on AOL, but of my blogging, I guess. The posts are numbered from the beginning, so the sequence number above is real. That's about 500 posts per year. Yikes!

--------------------------

Am I remembering wrong? It's stuck in my head that not so very long ago when you rented a car, it came with a full tank of gas, and you had to return it with a full tank, and that was easy. What's this "It's 3/8 full, so you have to return it 3/8 full" crap? How the heck are you supposed to do that? Dribble some in, turn the car on so you can see where the needle is, dribble some more, repeat until the gas station attendant throws you out?

I said, "That's not easy." So he offered to sell me the gas already in the car, "...and then you can return it empty".

Does he really not see that that is not easy either? If I have to drive this thing a few days, I'll be putting gas in it, so without a siphon and a gas can that I can use in the Enterprise parking lot to empty the rental, it's well nigh impossible.

I suggested that they fill it, and I'd return it full. He said they're not equipped to do that. Um, all you have to do is drive it down the road to the nearest gas station, fill it, then give me the keys. What do you mean, "not equipped"?

I think they just don't want to pay for gas, any gas.

(It's not just Enterprise. I've rented several cars in the past few years, and it's been like that every time.) Very annoying.
.

No comments: