Tuesday, June 08, 2010

2982 Lipstick

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

“I’ve made smarter things than you by eating fiber.”

--------------------------------

The Lipstick Dance:
I go through a few years when I can't find a color I like. I buy and discard many tubes, then I finally find the perfect color. I buy several tubes of that color, use them for a few years, and by the time I use them up, that color has been discontinued, and the dance begins again.

I had been dancing the past two years. I was desperate enough to pay $30-35 for special stuff. A few weeks ago, I bought a tube at the drug store simply because it was 75% off, it was like $2 or less, and it's perfect!

Naturally, it was 75% off because it's already discontinued.

I used it for two weeks just to make sure, and yes, it's perfect. It somehow seems to make my eyes look brighter and my cheeks rosier. People have actually remarked that I "look healthy", or "look younger".

With the internet, it is suddenly easier to find discontinued products. I've been scouring eBay, Amazon, and discount drug stores for "my" color. I'm cornering the market on Revlon Icy Violet 475. It's out there at widely varying prices, from a low of $2 a tube to a high of $14 each. So far I've got ten tubes, at $2-3 each. Two more for the freezer, and I'll be set for life.

This evening I noticed something odd. I had put lipstick on the right side of my lips, and was interrupted before finishing the left ... and I couldn't tell where it started and stopped.

Icy violet (which isn't at all icy or violet, by the way) apparently happens to be exactly the same color as the natural color of my lips! Not that I could just do without it. The lipstick smooths and sharpens the edges, softens the texture, and evens the color, so it does do a job for me. I just thought it was interesting that my perfect color is my natural color.
.

No comments: