Thursday, April 22, 2010

2941 The day's been shot

Thursday, April 22, 2010

In a democracy, people get the government they deserve.
-- Adlai Stevenson --

---------------------------------------

I was cleaning out the refrigerator and found an empty "vitaminwater" bottle. The stuff is full of sugar, so it must have been there for months, and I couldn't figure out why, until I read the label. I saved it because I wanted to comment on the label. Why I stuck it in the refrigerator, I don't know.

In its entirety (lack of capitalization preserved):
if you've had to use sick days because you've actually been sick then you're seriously missing out, my friends. see, the trick is to stay healthy and use sick days to just, um, not go in, and this combination of zinc and fortifying vitamins can help out with that and keep you healthy as a horse, so drink up.

remember, don't overdo it on the coughing and sniffling (big rookie mistake). just stick with the ever elusive "24-hour bug." the symptoms are vague and people will actually encourage you to stay home.

vitamins + water = all you need

made for
the center for responsible hydration (aka glaceau)
The first ingredient is water. The second and third are sugar and fructose. So much for "responsible" hydration. But that's not what annoys me the most. It's the slacker, play the system, ripoff attitude in that text. Even if it's supposed to be funny, it's still approval of the behavior. People who do stuff like that piss me off, like when the school system schedules in ten "snow days" as part of the spring vacation, and teachers schedule major vacation trips over those days, and then when we have five major snowstorms over the winter and the snow day buffer has been used up by what it was SUPPOSED to be for, the teachers act like their vacation has been taken away from them and it wasn't their fault, no fair, man! Duh?

Idiots.

--------------------------------------

Celeste, in stall #4, is still walking around in circles, between brief naps. The straw on the floor is swirled in a carousel circle. The note at the bottom of the screen says she is leaking colostrum ("wax"), which usually means delivery will be soon.
.

1 comment:

the queen said...

Sigh. You got me. I love how the owner gives her cell # so we can call her if we see Celete laying down.