Tuesday, April 20, 2010

2936 I STILL hate winter!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds."
-- Malaclypse the Younger --

-----------------------------------------------

Yesterday I marveled at the spring growth. It was 35 F degrees out there at 7:30 this morning. That's only three degrees above freezing.

I don't understand.

Actually, I remember Easters on Red Rock mountain, when I was in high school. We'd walk to the chapel on the base in a blizzard, through hip-deep snowdrifts, bundled in heavy coats over our Easter, spring, fluffy, cotton finery. (No spring flowers then. We'd still be hearing the boom of frozen tree trunks exploding in the forest.)

The chaplain told us it was silly to get so dressed up just because it was Easter, that we should wear our plain wool usual clothes. Dress for the weather, not the calendar.

He made sense.
.

No comments: