Monday, April 19, 2010

2935 Biting off....

Monday, April 19, 2010

You're worth only the amount of bail people will pay for you.

---------------------------------

I drove about an hour west today to have lunch with a friend. I was surprised at all the flowers and green leaves. We've exploded! I swear there wasn't so much going on only a few days ago.

Preparing for the trip to Morocco, searching for a new car, and looking into buying the house across from Daughter had eaten into available time since about mid-March, so I'd been neglecting the Meetup groups (now at 47 members each, with very little overlap). Today I scheduled two movies for the movie group, and a hike and dinner for the singles' group, and within 10 minutes of posting, I'd already had positive RSVPs. Next weekend and into Tuesday will be very full.

I may have started a problem with the western friend. He's very lonely way out there in the mountains, and I think he wants more romance than friendship. I never know how to handle stuff like that.

The local Mensa group is imploding. Personality clashes and some hurt feelings, and an effort (or more accurately the impression thereof) by one person who (has the power) to avoid the election due this fall by ignoring the schedule for announcements and nominations. People have been asking me to intervene, and I really really don't want to. On the other hand, I have the ability and the intimate knowledge of the Bylaws, so much against my desire to avoid conflict, I volunteered for the nominating committee, and I'll make the stupid election happen. I may regret this.

It's bad enough that people are looking into the national organization procedures for censure.

Nothing else much going on. Sheesh - I may have to move to New Jersey just to get out of this fouled nest.

--------------------------

Later: I have a message on my home phone from the person causing the Mensa problems mentioned above. She just wants to chat, but I really really really don't want to call her back. I don't know what to do.

Can I please move now?
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Come on down! I'll help you paint.